We take everything into account when providing you with a quote for water damage repair so there aren’t any surprises later.
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to water damage repair. There are multiple factors to consider to come up with the best course of action. At Restoration Plus Services, Inc., we take into account whether clean, gray, or black water was responsible for the damage, as well as how long the water has been present, how much water is involved, what materials have been damaged, and your expectations for the end result of the water damage repair before we provide you with our recommended plan and the costs involved.
- Clean, Gray or Black Water- The processes are different depending on how contaminated the water in question is. While clean water and some gray water situations involve nothing more than removing the water and drying the affected materials, when black water is involved, more detailed processes are needed to protect your health and that of our team members involved in the water damage repair.
- Duration of Water Presence– The longer water sits, the more damage is done. For example, a burst pipe that put an inch of water in your home might need only the baseboards replaced if resolved promptly, but you may need extensive drywall repairs if the water has remained and been absorbed up the wall.
- Amount of Water– There can be a huge difference between water damage repair for a few inches of water and just an inch above that. For example, if a flood has reached a level above your electrical outlets, that is a far more extensive water damage repair than if it stopped just under them.
- Materials Damaged– It stands to reason that while some materials can be dried out and suffer no ill effects, others will need to be removed and replaced.
- Expectations– We will go over your options related to your water damage repair results, such as whether you want the same materials to be used or if you’d like to upgrade to better products or do a remodeling project instead of a straight repair.
If you have any questions about our water damage repair services or other factors that can affect the process and cost, don’t hesitate to contact us.